Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 1

Hello, and welcome to my blog. After many years of fighting the Lyme bug inside me, I have decided to finally start posting some of the information that I have learned over the years.  I have educated myself over the years, and I have spent countless hours researching for solutions and hoping and praying I would find answers.

I am happy to report that after many years, and a lot of hard work, and through trial and error, today, minus a back injury, I live a fairly normal life. I certainly wouldn't call it perfect, but I work, earn a living, and can do much of the same things that my non - infected neighbors can do. 

If I am to emphasize anything here, it's that Lyme disease is in fact a journey. The road to wellness is a progression over months and even sometimes years.  You'll have a tendency to try something for a few weeks, maybe even a few months, and move on. I see it over and over again on the message boards.  But that's ok. That's how you will slowly formulate decisions, and come up with a plan. I can't tell you how many items I have come across, researched, moved on, only to come back and revisit maybe a year later.

In the posts that will follow, I hope you digest as if you were reading a book.  When your done, go back and read it again. The whole thing.  Some things will make sense to you, others won't. That's ok. What's important is that you read, and slowly start to formulate your own plan. Over time, you will become wiser, and with wisdom, wellness will eventually follow.

Lastly, Don't take anything that I write or anyone else says as an absolute.....good or bad. We all have different make ups. For example, if someone tells you that they tried supplement X, and it didn't work (a short comment like that is EXTREMELY common on the Internet), my first reaction is always:

What was the dose?
What was the frequency of that dose?
What was the source?
Quality of the source?
What other medications or supplements where you on?
at what frequency?
What are the effects of those?
Does anything you currently take inhibit or magnify the effects of supplement X?
What is your diet?
What do you drink all day?
How often?
What is the state of your body's organs?
Fully functioning?
What is your current pain status?
Inflammation?

and so on. You get the picture. Look at it this way.  One good stiff drink can put some lightweights on the floor, while not even affecting others. Some drunks are happy, while others are miserable.  There are SO many variables that go into an individuals reaction to a supplement, medication, therapy or diet.  I'm sure you can think of examples yourself. 

With this in mind, remember, when researching, look for many many reports of antidoctal evidence when something has not been formally studied. The web is full of junk, but full of really good morsels of information if you can sift through all the garbage. 

I hope that my sight can help those that seek help. I can only tell you what has worked for me, ad how I got here.  Please let me know if I can help in any way.

I plan on starting on what helped me the most, and making my way down to the smaller stuff. Good Luck. 

Thanks,
Noodlydoo

No comments: